LOCAL VOCAL - call for scores
The concert will be held in the Echo Park district of Los Angeles, at St. Athanasius Episcopal Church at the Cathedral of St. Paul.
Composers will be asked to provide their own performers for this concert. NACUSA-LA may be able to offer some funding (yet to be determined) toward reimbursement of performer fees. NOTE:The church may have a soprano available to perform some of the submitted songs. Please indicate if the composer wishes to use the church’s soprano.
Please send submissions to Richard Derby (NACUSA-LA vice president) by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Submissions should include:
1) composer’s name,
2) the title and duration of the song or song cycle,
3) a legible score in PDF format as an attachment,
4) an MP3 audio file, if available, as an attachment, or a link to a
5) the composer’s biographical summary (150-word limit),
6) the composer’s performing rights affiliation (i.e. ASCAP, BMI),
7) names and short career descriptions for the performers,
8) program notes for the piece (150-word limit), and
9) the author’s name and the text of the song (if the composer
has rights to have the text re-printed in the concert program).
While there is no specific duration limit for submitted songs, entries longer than about 15 minutes may need to be cut if the program gets too long.
The deadline for receipt of submissions is Monday, September 17, 2018.
All composers who have joined or renewed their NACUSA-Los Angeles Chapter membership for 2018 by the submission deadline are eligible.
Attendance for the concert will be free.